An idea that came true
Established in 1976 from the spin-off by PIBERPLAST S.p.A. of its mould construction work, H.M.S. is today the PIBER GROUP’s main research and development centre in the plastic processing sector. H.M.S.’s designers are specialised in translating into prototypes the ideas of agencies, and of the development offices of leading customers.
Behind every packaging item lies the complex work involved in analysing shapes and materials. This is followed by the mould design stage, the true technological heart of the polymer transformation process. Last of all, an idea must be turned into reality: this is a delicate stage, where man’s experience and sensitivity are enhanced by modern electronic work tools (CAD-CAM).
Today H.M.S. can be seen in sophisticated multi-cavity moulds with one or more tiers, complete with robots for loading IML labels and picking up/stacking the finished pieces. More and more complex shapes, ever narrower thickness values, and safety seals of all shapes are now available, thanks to the new possibilities offered by the new technologies. H.M.S. provides the Piber Group’s production units with the best state-of-the-art in terms of rapid moulds combined with high quality, hygienically safe production.
Since december 2017 H.M.S. became a division of Piber Group Srl.
- A mastery of production technologies
- Control of quality problems
- Highly qualified human resources
- High precision machines such as: CNC LATHES, HIGH-SPEED CNC MILLING MACHINES, CNC DEEP PERFORATING MACHINES, CNC GRINDING MACHINES, CNC GRINDING MACHINES WITH CO-ORDINATES FACILITY, CNC ELECTRO-EROSION MACHINES, DIMENSIONAL CONTROLS, ADDITIONS OF GALVANIC MATERIAL, HEAT TREATMENTS, and NETWORKED CAD-CAM SYSTEMS
- Production of MOULDS for: injection (hot-channel, sandwich, in-mould labelling); Thermo-forming (both forming-shearing and forming-cutting); Production of ROBOTS for: Mould extraction and handling of packaging, Insertion of label on mould (IML)
- Qualified technicians: n. 49
- Fully area: mq. 20.000
- Fully productive area: mq. 3.300
- CAD-CAM systems: n. 10
- Tools machines: n. 40
- Produced thermo-forming moulds: n. 581
- Thermo-forming moulds/year: n. 8
- Produced injection moulds: n. 3.303
- Injection moulds/year: n. 29
- Produced labels manipulators and loaders: n. 192
- Manipulators/year: n. 30
- Machines/year: n. 25
- Produced machines: n. 967
Piber Group S.r.l. divisione Hot Mould System
Stabilimento: Strada Regionale 10 n° 8 – 15055 Pontecurone (AL) Italia
Sede Legale: Piazza Carducci 9 – 27058 Voghera (PV) Italia
P. IVA: IT00942900184
R.E.A. PV 159250
Cap. Soc. € 312.000,00 int.vers.
+39 0131 887000
+39 0131 896118
Codice SDI Fatturazione Elettronica: A4707H7
Plus code: WWV7+XX Pontecurone, AL
Our details GPS WGS84 Grid are:
N 44° 56.684′ E 8° 54.909′ alt. 86,2 mt.